Will this course help me overcome my fear of speaking?
There are no guarantees when it comes to fear, but by learning the skills, participating in the sessions and practising outside in your day-to-day life, it is expected that your fear should reduce. Just like any skill, confidence comes from practice and when it comes to presenting, improvements come from practice, practice, practice!
What are the webinar/class sizes?
4-12 participants. You'll get to know them all well and will be buddied up with one of them, to work through your home activities with. The webinars will be recorded if you are unable to attend
Is there homework or pre-work?
Before each session, you'll be asked to watch the videos relating to the skills we'll be exploring in that session. This frees up time in our webinars to practice those skills and play. After each session, you'll be given some additional exercises to do with your virtual buddy, in addition to some 'secret' activities you can do during the course of your normal day. You should allow an additional 1-3 hours per session, in addition to the webinar
Will I need to deliver a presentation during the course?
No. You'll be asked to speak here and there during our live sessions, to practice certain techniques. Often we’ll use safe breakout rooms, so you will only have to present in front of a few of your fellow participants. Much of your practice will get done within the privacy of your follow up buddy chats. During our last wrap up last session, you will be encouraged to deliver a short presentation, if you choose. But remember, you're delivering to a small, friendly group, from the safety of your home or desk
But if I'm doing this course virtually, how do I develop the skills to deliver in-person?
Much of the home-practice involves simple little activities that you can undertake during the course of a normal day, without anyone really noticing. These are designed to boost your skills and confidence. This course obviously can't replace practicing in front of a live audience, but when speaking opportunities do present themselves, you should feel better equipped with more skills, knowledge, techniques and confidence. And the course may boost your confidence enough, so that a follow up classroom training course or a local speaking group such as Toastmasters.org is easier to face
How do I book & then what?
Upon payment you'll receive a confirmation email (please check spam if not received within 1 working day). Closer to the start date you'll receive Zoom calendar invites for the 8 webinars, access to the learning library and an invite to a group chat
What is the cancellation policy?
Even though this is a safe, gentle class, it can be easy to come up with a valid reason not to attend a presentation skills course, right at the last minute. For this reason, we hope you'll understand our cancellation policy ...
- You may cancel anytime after booking and receive a full refund* as long as you let us know more than 28 days before the course start date. If it's less than 28 days before the course start date, you can transfer your place to any future course once only. These are small classes, so we hope this is reasonable for everyone
- On our side, if the minimum group size is not reached, you'll be contacted to discuss a refund* or rebooking onto a later date
- If technology failure or human frailty means a webinar doesn't go ahead, an alternative webinar date will be provided to suit the majority of the group
- If for some reason, no webinars at all take place, a full refund* will be provided
- Please note: *Full refunds can only be made against the original payment card within 30 days of payment. Thereafter it's a bank transfer or Paypal only
Is the training available for my team or company?
Yes! Take a look at the Presenting for the Petrified LIVE Blended for a corporate version of this program, available on request